Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

You don't mean this fellow do you ??

5495651848_7a6dd8ba7b_b.jpg

Taken on Wednesday March 2nd this year in the Bell in in Nott'm Market Square.

With many distinguished and eminent Nottstalgia members in attendance to witness the event!

Including a certain male member from the USofA who didn't drink a single J2o all night !!......................slywink

I cant remember what I was drinking but, it was nice.

I hope it wasnt GK!

The look on that guys face when there was uproar from us all when he walked in.

Then the look of dissapointment when he realised we were not prospective customers because we had all had steaks!

I don't even know what J2O is!

Guilty as charged...

If you had a drink of ale then it was all Greene King, The 'Abbot' was particularly tasty that night, immsc !!

You don't mean this fellow do you ??

5495651848_7a6dd8ba7b_b.jpg

Taken on Wednesday March 2nd this year in the Bell in in Nott'm Market Square.

Wow yes him!....haven't seen him about for years, has he been on holiday then ?!

!rotfl!

• 1 month later...

Salt packet in your crisps

Nibbits

Kailli dont know if i spelt that right

gobstoppers with the seed in the middle

Beechnut chewgum

Sherbert fountains

Aniseed balls

DG, there is a sweet store in Southwell that sells all those old fashioned sweets from our childhood. I think they sell on-line too.

No white dogs around anymore ????..........................................slywink

Wow yes him!....haven't seen him about for years, has he been on holiday then ?!

!rotfl!

I liked Welks & Cockles

Bet they cost a fortune now

I still buy Muscles but i have to cook them myself & being that i'm the only one that eats them i have to be in the mood to eat a lot as they come in a 10lb bag

Kev's ( Fynger) Missus (Martine) got a bit of a shock when he charged her 3 quid for a couple of "Crab Sticks" chopped up (£1 for 16 sticks at morrisons !!) at our last meet up !!

Ziebart is still going strong in the good old US of A - but you do not get the "hard sell" anymore.

http://www.ziebart.com/

A real blast from the past. Whatever happened to Ziebarting your car? englandflag.gif

Car bodies are much better treated at the factory these days, so I guess Ziebart were largely put out of business by car manufacturers doing a better job.

Something I've noticed for quite a few years now.....you don't see half as many rust-buckets driving around like you used to in the 70s and 80s. Cars really do last longer.

And because I've got nothing better to do, I've just Googled Ziebart, and they don't seem to come up as a rust-proofing outfit. Loads of people called Ziebart, ranging from Kevin to Ashley to Jonathan, but none of them will do anything to your car

Didnt have a car that was worth it, They were 3/4ths gone by the time i got them

Was Silform on University Blv I used to get my sills & stuff when i had a bodyshop

It was near Dick&Dan wreckers