Merry Christmas From Nottstalgia.com

Well yes, you've got me there !!!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Christmas Everyone. So many thanks to Mick and the Moderators for this lovely hobby you have given us. Before Nottstalgia I just used to flick around on the Internet, looking for anything of i

Merry Christmas and a Very Happy and Healthy 2015 to everyone who makes Nottstalgia the best website on the Internet, and especially to Mick without whom we wouldn't know so much about our lovely city

Merry Christmas to one and all. This is the best site ever, and all of you are like old friends. This last year particularly has seen some great subjects appear, lots of new members who post regularly

I'm a long way from Y'all mileage wise. I can't comment on many things Nottingham, like the tram etc. because I have not been over since 1997. I have not had the privilege of meeting any of you folks personally, but I think of all of you as friends. Thanks, Mick for building such a great site and for sticking with it when you probably felt like just shutting down. Anyway, I could go on all day, but it's good to know you all. Hope you all have a truly happy Christmas and a happy new year. Have a great 2015.

Dave.

• Upvote 5

Wherever you are folks, don't forget to mingle. Some people can still feel alone even in a crowd.

• Upvote 2

christmas eve sat here nottstalgia on me laptop, michael buble on the telly wife very happy watching, what a wonderful time, great to be here, happy christmas all

• Upvote 5

very many grateful thanks to all other members for their likes to me, your all my heroes

Well thank you Terence :)

Come to the meet ups and you will find us to be quite ordinary folks.

• Upvote 1

Brussels stuffing turkey gravy and all

Its going to be a feast its going to be a ball

Christmas morning village band plays in the street

Oh come all ye faithful a melodic treat

Knocks on the door your loved ones arrive

Mums quest for perfection of that she does strive

The kid s play there games trying to beat nana an pops

Gran is so happy ,grandads tipsy with hops

Now 3 generations that are united by love

Christmas day is the right day its sent from above

Make the most and have a ball and a blast

Cus this is our future and this is our past.

• Upvote 3

I would like to say thank you for such a great site, l only wish l had found it earlier. I think the regular contributors, appear to be witty, very kind and a warm bunch who have obviously bonded well together.

I presume mick is the originator of this site, if so congratulations to you, it's a great success. In the very short time l have used this site l have gained a wealth of information some facts that you couldn't even get from a social history book, it's been a amazing.

All my chores are now done, the spuds peeled, table set, last few presents wrapped and visitors been and gone. It's now time to settle down in front of the TV with my good lady, have a drink and reflect on the last year.......after she has worked out the cooking time for the turkey.

I wish all at Nottstalgia and all it's members and staff a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

• Upvote 10

Robbie, Now you can see why we are so addicted to Nottstalgia. I hope you continue to enjoy being part of it.

We are all organised for the big day tomorrow as well. My Christmas Days are so different from years gone by, when our children were young and we would come home to Notts or my family would come stay with us.

Many times I have cooked for around 25 people, and my home has been like a guest house for family. They were great times, but I do enjoy the Quieter ones now, only seven tomorrow and nine on Boxing Day.

Well It's been a busy day, and another one coming tomorrow, so I will try to get an early night. Lol! No chance, I'll be signing in again after Midnight on The Word Association!!! Just in case I do get that elusive early night, Ha! I wish you all a Merry Christmas Miducks.

• Upvote 5

I've just checked to see when I joined Nottstalgia and was amazed to see that it was 10 November 2011. I'm amazed because I was surfing the web one night looking for anything about Trent Bridge School, of which I'd attended. I saw an article regarding Trent Bridge School on a site called Nottstalgia. I clicked onto it and found lots of interesting stuff. I started posting replies and when I'd reached 1000 I felt really good, especially as I'd also received some 'Likes'. Every day I'd try to keep up with the new posts and read the old topics when I could. There was so many different topics it never became boring and, apart from the odd one, the other Nottstalgians were good, decent people who I came to regard as my friends. You can see the friendship between us all when one of us needs some help or becomes ill. We'll get lots of posts expressing their good wishes, as has just happened with catfan.

When I first joined Nottstalgia I never thought that I'd reach over 10,000 posts and receive over 2000 'Likes', something that I'd like to thank you for. I'd also like to thank mick2me and his staff and all the Nottstalgians for giving me so much enjoyment and helping me learn about our great City of Nottingham. I've learnt so much and also had lots of laughs with all the banter that goes on. I'm sure that you all feel the same way as I do. I hope you all have, wherever you are in the World, a great Christmas and a happy New Year. :cheers:

• Upvote 10

I remember joining earlier this year in February! It seems to have flown by, never thought I'd end up contributing as much as I have. Stumbled across the site when researching family history. Happy I persevered and now I have a whole bunch of new friends :) fantastic! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

• Upvote 7