RIP Jimmy Savile

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Post 50.....I hope you mean that Fly 2......... cus some men mature like a pint of bitter.......start off with a boost to the system, a froth on the top but end up flat, bloated and no use to anyone

#28 Hippogirl, I was one of lucky ones. Chris didn't take much persuasion after I broke his left arm and threatened to jump off Blackpool Tower. Lol. No pressure!!!

today i'd put me teeth in first.............

Yes he will be missed, a big influence on the type of music we listened to in the 60's/70's and as you say he did so much for charity

R.I.P Sir Jimmy

Rog

• 2 weeks later...

In the last 10 years we have lost:

Johnny Cash

Steve Jobs

Bob Hope and now

Jimmy Saville

So we now have

No cash, no jobs no hope and no f***er to fix it

What a carry on

• 1 year later...

Have fond memories of sir James..... He once made a visit to the school I was teaching at, and his genuine interest in the needs of the children was there for all to see.....an eccentric character ......

I'll bet he was !

Now that evil, self righteous, man, Max Clifford has been sprung, who's next, hopefully, Rupert Murdoch, the vilest, most manipulative person on the planet since Adolf Hitler as far as we're concerned.

Anybody on here who has Sky, refuse to pay the subscriptions and see what happens.

If everyone did this, it would hopefully bring down his loathsome empire, that has destroyed sport for all, screwed up the press and media, making life miserable for innocent individuals and tampered with governments.

I'd love to see who else is on the hit list as a result of all these allegations.

Agree on the Murdoch issue - the Wall Street Journal used to be a respected and INDEPENDENT voice in the financial world. Since Murdoch took it over it has become little more than a tabloid mouthpiece for right wing lunacy! Sadly, his ownership of the WSJ and Fox News (Fox Noise) has had a significant, and very bad, effect on American politics which is likely to bring the country to its knees.

You are right Malarky.

But he still had an influence in our younger days.

There were people who knew of his activities over the years, some kept quiet, others were not believed or he had already got too much power.

It has changed from RIP Jim to Rot in Hell Saville!

Not saying the Saville affair did not happen, but cannot believe that no one came forward earlier, surely to have had that awful experience happen to you and not tell someone sooner ! and wait till he's dead when nothing can be done to him.

We watched the tv programme the other week here in oz and was shocked ! surely this should have been done years ago.

But I suppose as is coming out now, the paedophile ring he was in, probably goes into high and powerful places !

• Upvote 1

I saw our own Judge Michael Stokes stop the case of man who allegedly sexually assaulted a 12 year old girl about 25 years ago.

It only came to light over another issue only then the alleged victim made the accusation. The case was allowed to continue and witnesses heard

before the case was stopped. I believe the reason was that it was unsafe to rely on evidence after after this period of time.

This is the type of case where there might be public outcry if it were reported in the press, however the public would not have the benefit of seeing the case in progress, only the spin put on it by the press.

• 2 years later...

My husband had a photo taken with him when he worked at the " chestnuts" in ROT whilst Saville was staying there. Was the time when Saville shaved off half his beard. After all this came out my husband absolutely destroyed the pic and said he was sorry hed even spoken to him. These people are warped.

I always believed in innocent until proven guilty The whole sad episode was nothing more than a lawyers feeding frenzy can any one name jims defence lawyer there was no evidence just lots of hearsay knowing that he could not answer back if he did all the things quoted then I would be the first to pull the rope look how many 60s celebs have been targeted claims are us think its money for old rope meeowed

If all the claims against Savile are true then he truly was a monster.

He was certainly a 'strange' man - even by his own admission, but he did do a lot of work for charity.

I just hope that it wasn't all just a front to carry on 'nefarious' activities.

Working in the music business, I used to hear a lot of things about famous people and what they got up to.

In Savile's case, it was the fact that he liked young girls and by that I mean teenagers, not children!

Whilst it may have been inappropriate for a 50 year old man to be having relations with 18 year old girls, it certainly wasn't illegal - and in his case there were certainly plenty of volunteers.

All of the stuff that has subsequently come out is horrible and I'm sure that we all feel betrayed that a man of such prominent good character was actually up to no good.

There has been a feeding frenzy of late where anyone famous - particularly TV stars, have been subjected to the most one-sided accusations.

Guilty until proven innocent.

I'm thinking of people like Cliff Richard and Jimmy Tarbuck who have had their lives torn apart - on very little evidence of any wrong-doing. Even Dave Lee Travis. His career has been ended because he apparently touched up some woman 30 years ago.

I'm not defending anyone who done wrong, but I'm certain some of the accusations that have been made are false.

• Upvote 2