Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the images in this thread there is a distinct lack of teenage faces of regular female posters. Where are the pics of Hippo Girl and LizzieM in the clubs?. And what about carnie and SueB giggling in Gedling? We know what MargieH and Babs looked like, but a gleg at Blondie et al wouldn't go amiss.

• Upvote 2

This photo was taken around the summer of 1968. The occasion was Jimmy Slaney's 21st birthday, he's the young lad centre, hands crossed. His family rented the bus to take everyone from Woodthorpe to somewhere on Victoria Street, for a meal. I am 3rd girl from the right front row.

60s15_zpsfnoqekkk.jpg

• Upvote 9

201217_zps4643b6af.jpg

I've posted this on Facebook before, but not here. This is me aged 2, in the days when you could let your 2 yr old play out on the corsey, on her own, without fear.

• Upvote 8

I've posted this on Facebook before, but not here. This is me aged 2, in the days when you could let your 2 yr old play out on the corsey, on her own, without fear.

Corsey. You can live for years in the States but some things never leave you, do they ?

• Upvote 1

What a great photo they don't make family's like that any more.

sorry this comment was supposed to go on page 22 438

#443. Nice picture sis, can't remember seeing it before. Was that around the time you fell down and broke your collar-stud?

Here in Caithness we also have a "Corsey"; it is spelt Cassie and pronounced Cazzy. It is in fact an abbreviation of the same thing as Nottingham's Corsey: Causeway. In this case Causeway across the Mire or Cassiemire in common speak.

I've got a photo of my sister and I sat beside a radiogramme looking angelic. It's so embarrassing because we had

to pose for the photo and my Dad wouldn't take it until he was satisfied with how we looked. I always cringe when I

see it and can't understand why I haven't deleted it. :biggrin: