Does anyone still have a cooked breakfast

Couple of times a week i will do,1 egg,two slices bacon,1 sausage from local butchers,1 hash brown and a small slice of fried bread

Rog

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was watching a news programme today about Boris Johnson's visit to the Virgin Islands and  standing behind him was my son !!!!  He was only  on view for seconds but so nice to see him so unexpectedl

Now THAT'S what I call a cooked breakfast! 1. In preparation......   2. Cooked and ready to eat....  

There were never any racial divisions on NCT, all races, religeons & creeds got on famously ! Even the banter that flowed was good humoured. You could try & wind a muslim up by offering him a

The only time I like a cooked breakfast is when on holiday( in Ireland) they really know how to do a good breakfast,also decent evening meals followed by Guinness of course.I can't be bothered/ havnt got time to do a cooked breakfast at home.

I have a 'Full English' maybe once every couple of weeks.  In my case it is usually Bacon, Mushrooms, two fried eggs and some tomatoes.  I don't mind whether the toms are fresh or canned, so long as they are cooked down well and not too watery.  I like the eggs on top of a bit of fried bread and the toms on top of another bit.

Not that I'm fussy... obviously..... 

Ocasionally, I add a couple of slices of Black Pudding.

Breakfast for me is quite literally a movable feast.  I'm not normally hungry first thing so don't bother.  ( Yes.. I know... 'most important meal of the day' etc...)

Other times I'll have a bit of cheese on toast, or just toast and jam. or a few shreddies. A nice bacon butty is a good light lunch..

If I can get back into my exercise and weight loss programme it will be  oatmeal porridge.  Every morning.

In Wethies, I have learned to pass up their cooked breakfasts and instead have Toast and Jam, followed by Yoghurt with fresh fruit.  Lovely.

Col

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To be fair to breakfast was not that bad, 2 bacon, 1 sausage, fried egg flipped & cooked, beans, hash brown, 1 full tomato cut in half grilled, no fried bread, think most of it was grilled? Dumped the cheap sausage on day two, would have preferred a nice Lincolnshire sausage when in Lincolnshire? 

Most of my working life ive had cooked breakfast.............but always on the road, hardly ever at home,........my favourite for many years was at the 'Little Chefs'...........think they nearly all gone now..........on my travels i come across one or two 'American Diners'.........love them, they do a breakfast called 'Yankee Doodle Dandy'...........mighty fine folks,...........i sometimes do my James Cagney impersonation when ordering........but mostly falls on deaf ears with the youngsters serving me,...............they just don't know about.......''Yankee doodle who went to London just to ride the Pony's'':mellow:

• Upvote 1

Little Chef Olympic breakfast with a side order of beans. The stuff of which dreams were made. I wonder if they still do that? I think I have to travel as far as North Hykeham for the nearest Little Chef now. They were a great institution on a long journey with the children. :hungr:

• Like 1

Very, very rarely do I have fried breakfast these days. Yesterday I was out on my bike having a ride round Leicestershire and Rutland. Decided to stop for a coffee at the very nice Nevill Arms, Medbourne but then decided on a whim to have a Full English. I can only say it was magnificent! 

I also used to like the Little Chef breakfasts when I was on the road working, they used to do a great mixed grill too.

• Like 1

Been in that one many times Rog................used to work all the Coops in Lincoln..............Lincoln Coop is still an independent Coop.............ie not part of the Coop group............

• Like 1

Ben, Yankee Doodle Dandy also stuck a feather on his cap and called it macaroni.....

As a child, i couldn't work out whether the feather, the cap or the pony was called 'macaroni'. Still don't know actually.

• Like 1

Just relaxing and catching up a bit after spending a day and a half at the hospital. Mum has fallen and broken her hip. Meal times are when and how and what . Yesterday morning  all I had was water until I found time to go somewhere for breakfast. The restaurant in the hospital has closed down so had to go outside to a bar for a quick cappuccino and brioche. This morning I had 2 indian figs. Deliciously cold and very refreshing.

Mum likes her crunchynut cornflakes every morning. They don't sell them here so I order from British Corner Shop and order more things I can't get here. She ran out a few days ago and I had to get some different cereal and she says its like eating sawdust. She's going to have to wait quite a while til the goods are delivered then I shall have to take them into hospital for her breakfasts. She's not eaten much, hospital food is never very good and she doesn't like so many foods. So now having to think of what I can take her to be tasty enough.

Talking about sausages ....they aren't a thing I buy very often but the other day really had a fancy to eat them.

Here they are entirely different, all meat and flavourings , no rusk.  The ones I bought were about 2 metres in length and flavoured with fennel seeds. Ate some and put the rest in freezer to enjoy another day. Maybe with an egg and bacon.

Phil did you ever have any when we had Puccini? Served in tomato and white wine sauce.

Hope all turns out well Nonna with your mother................get her off them Indian Fags as well...............all the best me-duck.........

• Like 1
14 hours ago, MargieH said:

Ben, Yankee Doodle Dandy also stuck a feather on his cap and called it macaroni.....

As a child, i couldn't work out whether the feather, the cap or the pony was called 'macaroni'. Still don't know actually.

Margie, that's always worried me too, but also never sure who was wearing the hat!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, plantfit said:

It's just to the left of the roundabout where the A46 heads east,they call it Pennels island

Rog

Yes, Rog, I know the place. I've been many times but not for years. There used to be another one just before it which now sell motorbike gear (or did). As for Pennels garden centre, they have a super butcher's shop which sell magnificent meat pies for about fourpence. That's the beauty of living in Lincolnshire - the food's so cheap!

• Like 1