Whats Yer New Years Resolution?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not making any resolutions, apart from growing old disgracefully.

The same one comes up every time..... To live another year.

Not so much a resolution as a goal set for myself this year. I am determined to beat my diabetes and so will continue with my new health regime of diet and fitness.......(half a stone lost so far). I

Do we have to give something up? If I HAVE to give something up it will have to be unhealthy food, not that I eat that much but the little I do eat I will try not to, how boring hey?? :o

My wish for New year apart from a healthy & happy life for the people i love is to win the Powerball & get everything lifted & i mean EVERYTHING

:D :P:)

Whats your's Mick?

• 9 years later...

I must try and be less short tempered, angry and snappy, and be more tolerant of others LOL

• Upvote 2

I can remember when New Year's Day wasn't a bank holiday (according to Wiki it started on Jan 1st 1974) although the Scots had been doing it for years.

It wasn't a big event then, just another day when people went to work and did normal things instead of using it as an excuse for a pi$$-up.

• Upvote 1

Many NY Eve's, in years past. We have partied so much that we have still been dancing at 6am in the morning. We loved every minute of it. When we had our Beer Off, we lived on the premises. The property was detached so no neighbours were disturbed by the music and laughter. Besides all of the neighbours and customers were usually at the party anyway! Our parties were well known (All for the good reasons). This is going back to the 1970s and I still have people come up to me and recall their memories of NY's Eve at our place. But! Today I wouldn't budge off my Sofa. I am Partied out, Done in, ode. Love it! I doubt if my eyelids will stay open until Midnight. I don't feel like i'm missing anything, because we have been there and done it.

I know without asking, that if I set the message going round the area that there was a party at our house on NYr's Eve, there would be a lot of (Now) Pentioners practising their Dance moves in preperation for the big night. :jumping: or :sleeping: That is the question?

• Upvote 2

i have never made my mum and dad proud of my actions through life, sadly they are now gone, but though late now my new years resolution, whatever my actions from this new years day i resolve to make them proud on their son, wish me luck, i will need it. happy new year mum, dad, god bless - sorry Nottstalgians time of year and too much sherry. but i am still resolved. HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS

• Upvote 4

Wasn't a bank holiday when I lived in the UK. Always went to work on NY day if it fell on a weekday. Find no interest in it now just another year of wars, rumors of wars and threatened economic collapse. ( It's being so cheerful keeps me going!). :-). Wonder who used to say that? Seem to remember it from some old radio show from the fifties.

• Upvote 1

There will always be wars, sadness and misery in this World, loppylugs. You just have to get on with your own life and enjoy it as best you can. We are fortunate that we live in a country where the people aren't dying through massacres or starvation. My wife and I don't celebrate New Years Eve and usually just stop indoors and watch Jules Holland on the TV. I think that as you get older the thought of getting drunk and jumping into a freezing cold fountain becomes less appealing. :Shock:

• Upvote 4

I've had my share of mad drunken NY Parties, both in Town when I was younger and at home as I got more sense.

I know it's hard to believe but it's true :unsure:

As for NY Resolutions I would most likely forget them, or deny I had made them. :huh:

• Upvote 2

Very disgracefully. And ASAP.

• Upvote 1