Hello
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post as its my first attempt. My hubby fch782c often visits this site and often speaks of the members he keeps in contact with and the forums and discussions he sometimes gets involved with, this Wednesday just gone at about 8.30am Paul suffered 2 seizures at home followed by a stroke in the ambulance on his way to hospital.
His condition has stabalised and he has been allowed home to rest but i thought I would update members in case anybody is awaiting any response or in formation.
Thanks for taking the time to read
Helen

Dear Helen, Sorry to hear about your husband ,Paul. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

In Nottingham (if that`s where you are), they have a magnificent CVA service. My best mate had a similar episode which his wife recognised,and had him to the City hospital in no time flat. Result 1 year later,almost full recovery except for a bit of weakness in his right arm.

Best wishes and Regards ,Stan.

Dear Helen,

Thank you for letting us know about Paul, I am so sorry to hear this news and we wish him a speedy recovery. We do worry if someone stops posting, tell him we will all be thinking off him. Best wishes to you both Helen.

• Upvote 1

Dear Helen

I hope Paul makes a rapid recovery.

He is in excellent hands, the father in law was in that ward over Christmas, after suffering a stroke in November.

Ensure Paul knows his friends @Nottstalgia are thinking of him.

Please keep us updated of his progress.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Paul and thanks Helen for letting us know. Make sure he takes it easy for a while.

As Carni says, as quite a few of us here enjoy a certain maturity we do worry when we don't hear from our friends for some time. I've not been around for some time so may have missed some info but I haven't seen Gerry TGC posting for some time.

Found info about Gerry on another thread, thanks.

One of the curious benefits of the internet.

If you are a member of a forum such as this you discover that when you are ill, there are a lot of people all over the world - who you've never met and have no idea what they look like - who will be concerned about your health and well-being.

So best wishes to Paul and Helen.

• Upvote 5

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Best wishes fch , trust you will soon be fighting fit !

Hello, Helen. Thank you for letting us know about Paul and, as you can see from all the other messages, he is a very respected member by us all at Nottstalgia. Good times and sad times are part of everybody's life and when the sad times arrive it's good to know that you and Paul have the love and support from everyone at Nottstalgia. Other members have stated how wonderful the treatment is when you suffer heart problems and I'm sure that Paul will make a full recovery. Paul has Nottstalgian friends from Nottingham and around the World who are thinking of him and wishing him well. We are always here for you, Helen so please keep us informed regarding Pauls progress.

• Upvote 2

Hi Helen, I would like to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery for Paul, and best wishes to you too.

Helen,

Please pass on my very best wishes to Paul for a speedy recovery, my best wishes to you also, as I feel sure you'll play a big part in nursing him back to health, good luck to you both.