• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet the BBC still show Eastenders, full of aggression, fighting ,murder, and appalling behaviour. Why isn't this dropped too?..................................... and Prescott punches a protestor and

I would much rather watch Top gear than Eastenders or any of the other soaps, and certainly never watch any of those crass reality shows or Strictly or what passes for talent shows, but have less tale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32052736 Thank goodness the BBC have grown a pair and got rid of this obnoxious , foul mouthed git.

,,,, even with the railway men behind him,,,, I rekkon it's the hardest works ee's ever done.

One of the better 'races',,,, cos of the vehicles used - I envied all of 'em.

Did you know if I click on that link I made I can't watch that episode or any other on the iPlayer...why you ask? because it tells me I'm not living in England. if I use Interner Explorer or any other browser I can....Aol is USA based I think.

Bip.

• 5 years later...

Got what he deserved, but....the bloke he clouted went to A&E with a bruised and split lip?...Thank God he didn't black his eye or it would have been an air rescue job.

• Upvote 4

Violence in the workplace is gross misconduct. In workplace disciplinary procedures it would normally lead to a fair dismissal. I am surprised that the matter did not go to the police first before the internal disciplinary investigation. The law and the workplace procedures are there to protect workers.

• Upvote 1

Clarkson is the epitome of the smug and boorish 'celebrity'. Whether they be sportsmen, musicians, entertainers etc, they think the public idolatry they enjoy entitles them to do and say as they please and they can do no wrong.

He has got his comeuppance and good riddance.

• Upvote 4

Like it or not, Top Gear is somewhat of a jewel in the Beeb's crown - it has worldwide appeal (hence large revenue stream). JC will resurface on ITV or Sky, fronting a very similar programme, with his agent no doubt having negotiated a slice more than Aunty was paying.

I've only seen Top Gear a couple of times and found them quite amusing. Some people think that it's the end of Clarkson because he's been sacked by the BBC but the fact is that Sky, ITV and many others are trying to sign him up. He's like gold dust. It's rumoured that Chris Evans will take his place but I think people will stop watching Top Gear now that Clarkson has gone. Like I stated, I've only seen it a couple of times so I'm not really bothered.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, 10 against Clarkson and no supporters on here so far. So where have the 1m morons come from who have allegedly signed the petition calling for his reinstatement, that's getting on for 2% of the population of the UK, really!

Good riddance Clarkson, May and Hammond, go off to Sky and drool over your 'supercars' that only you can afford on there, I will never line the corrupt Murdoch's bulging pockets so thankfully this household will be free of 'Top Gear' at last.

• Upvote 2

Clarkson for PM.

I used to like Top gear when it was for normal people, but the last few years it has lost the plot. Now it is about super cars, celebrities and childish presenters who try and get away with things.

• Upvote 2

I will stand up and be counted. I actually used to enjoy TG. I found Jeremy Clarksons lack of political correctness refreshing, and enjoyed his "safaris" around the world with May and Hammond. Always read his column in the Times too, regardless of how you feel about him, he is very talented and generally will walk where angels fear to tread.

No I didn't sign the petition, the writing was on the wall, and yes he was out of order, but don't forget the producer himself didn't put in a complaint, it was Clarkson himself who confessed to the fracas as the beeb called it.

• Upvote 4