Compo

Whatever happened to......?

Perhaps the mysterious 'they' who ostensibly run this site should be able to gauge the feelings and do something about it.

Whatever happened to these crazy stunts?gettyimages-91656089-612x612.jpgAll these ladies in one Mini!

Saw similar on Blue Peter....

• Like 2

Seeing the Tonka psots reminded me of the TV advert: "Tonka! Real tough toys, for real tough boys!" I don't suppose they are allowed to say things like that any more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Never mind the stunt Ian, what ever happened to bevvies of beautiful, fashion conscious ladies such as these. Really made me yearn for those long gone days. Not a pair of "holed" jeans in sight thank God.

• Like 2

Fully agree Geoffrey..or big bummed with an phone sticking out said jeans.

Oh it`s an I phone is it.  I thought some genetic deformation of the female form had suddenly taken place.Looking down the whole line of those girls,there isn`t one you wouldn`t  have been chuffed to have been seen with.

Another delight...these ladies walking by the Trent.gettyimages-3434507-612x612.jpglate 40's..love the hair too!

• Like 1

Whats not to love about the whole composition? Can`t imagine these ladies effing and blinding, unlike their current counterparts, who can`t construct a sentence without resorting to expletives.Don`t they realise how unattractive the swearing makes them.

• Like 2

I've been sent a series of these Geoffrey..'Innocent Nottingham'...was the intended topic but this area will host them perfectly.

Glad you enjoy them.

Sunday Walk, 1960.gettyimages-592269350-612x612.jpgGent seen here strolling up South Sherwood Street. Window shopping of a Sunday was considered normal.

On 6/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, philmayfield said:

So are many of us but we can just put the irritants on ‘ignore’. They still clog the site up with their incessant postings but you don’t have to read them. Ignore them and they might go away!;)

No such luck

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Typing Pool..gettyimages-102747069-612x612.jpgNottingham office block..i recall these when visiting my Dad at Station St.

Maybe one computer terminal is needed today.

Ian, keep looking at the photo of the ladies on the side Trent and wonder what thoughts are going through the mind of the bloke lounging on the grass behind them. Hands in his pockets.Billiards?

• Like 1

Dirty bu66er.

This one is very thought provoking Geoffrey..gettyimages-592295538-612x612.jpgSunday, 1961. Angler making his way to the river through a deserted Market Square.

Thanks Ian, One or two men in the foreground with satchels, Postmen? Can`t make out what time the clock says but to all intents and purposes  the square is deserted. Wonder how many people will be around at the same time this coming Sunday?

P S, has any one heard from jonab recently?

I think the clock shows about quarter past eight or there abouts but if someone said 8:40ish I wouldn't argue.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey Dennis said:

Thanks Brew, so not exactly the crack of dawn, but yet the square is still empty.

No Sunday trading.

Very few companies working on a Sunday, anyone working would be going there on a bike.

Very minimal buses running, because of the above.

And they won't be Postmen, no Sunday deliveries.

Maybe Railway workers?

Possibly a few Black and Whites sat on the rank on the other side of the square.

No reason for anyone to be around.

And I'd suspect the photo was staged, particularly as the photographer is sat on the kerb up against the railing.

They'd probably waited for the right time to get a near perfect shot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like a shot from Sat Night & Sun Morning.  

Is that the newspaper seller in the distance that used to pitch outside the toilets on a Sunday morning?

Whatever happened to Tubby the Tuba ?

Elaine H ? Bulwell Brian ?