• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Stavertongirl  thanks for telling me about the cakewalk being at Goose Fair,  just a quick story Friday night 8th Oct 1965 the following day was my wedding day, any way all the ladies had just had

When I was about 15 my two friends and I decided we wanted to be at Goose Fair when it ended at midnight (?) on the Saturday.  Another friend (Deirdre) and her brother lived up Sherwood Rise and invit

GOSH!!!!  Goose Fair what memories? age 13/15   used to walk down to the Forest from Robin Hood Chase with my  best friend Wendy Husband . each night Monday till Wednesday, What I here you l

Even though I live in Tipp now,I have timed a trip to tie in Goose Fair quite often,up to the mid- eighties I found myself nosing around the back of rides to look at tractor units or see what lorry was driving a ride. Herself used to laugh at my anorak japes.. She munching on a toffee apple and me kopping Guy Warriors or Atkinson's.Always found it electric!! Must be my relatives influence creeping in. I remember going to a fortune teller at the fair,pinned on the caravan door was a sign:"3 questions, £5". I went in and said " you're pricey aren't ya?".."next question", she said.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes talked to a bloke this morning who was setting it up with Real Ales,....seem to remember the council turned down applications previously,

I looked in vain for the little stall selling seafood, but to no avail. I love my whelks and cockles.

Never mind, I settled for a roast pork , stuffing and apple sauce cob, followed by a bowl of mushy peas. Then after more searching in vain for the seafood, I had a tray of sweet and sour chicken and rice. On the way home, a pint of refreshing Amstel at the Grosvenor.

• Upvote 1

Was away last week, but got to see the Goose Fair this evening for a while, just had a walk around and soaked up the atmosphere, I have always loved it..............People come on trips from all over everywhere to spend time here, we are lucky to have such an event here in Nottingham..........

• Upvote 2
  • 10 months later...

#308 The front

The lady on the left in the front puts a hole new meaning to "hang on to your hat"

The two sitting 3 cars back look like they are sucking a lemon. 

• Upvote 1