There is no need to be outside to take exercise. Climbing stairs or just walking round the garden will do it, it will also make you give up the will to live!

Allowing people out is, like the clapping, the singing and the rainbows a clever construct to help with morale. They create a sense of involvement, an idea that we are all in this and gives an impression of togetherness, unity and purpose.

Going out for exercise does in some small measure make life seem like it  is carrying on as near normal  given the circumstances.

• Like 2

Perhaps it’s a very regional thing, they live in Haltwhistle but don’t know where she works. Fingers crossed for you MD, very frustrating for you Im sure. 

Coronavirus! My neighbour has just been attacked by a ram and bowled over down the lane. Quite badly bruised and she had to take refuge. Country life!:biggrin:

I never thought I would wish for rain at a holiday time, but now I wish for torrential rain for at least two weeks. I'm pretty sure it would keep  people at home. So come on rain clouds, we need help. :)x

• Like 1

You might be out of luck carni with that wish, listening to the weather report for UK, looks like it will be a pretty good weekend!!. Lets hope that people use a bit of common sense, although in my experience, sense doesn't seem to be very common. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've been self isolating and now the weather is forecast for a sunny weekend I'm back at work, just my luck.

Yesterday we bought our brother in law his usual birthday present of 'Jack Daniels'. only this time I told him it's not to drink but to pour over his hands instead. I wont tell you his reply.........................slywink

• Like 1

The daft thing about the weather is that we've only recently seen the end of the continuous rain which started about September and never eased up.

There are fields near here which were flooded by newly-created lakes and the farmers couldn't get anywhere near them for months. It's only in the last couple of weeks that the flooded fields have completely dried out.

Den, phone in sick!!

I'm sure that you can still get a divorce during the lockdown!!!

I wonder if this pandemic will be taken as a lesson by those that caused it? If the virus was developed in a lab as many believe, will it change attitudes to what we used to call germ warfare? Oh! it bites back! The Brits were quite advanced with it at one time - anthrax based stuff etc., tested on a Highland sea loch - Griniard island if I remember correctly.   

I'm with you on that one PP. My thoughts exactly, there is too much cover up from China!!. I know we had our moments, but it didn't get to this level. When I inspected a chimney at porton down many years ago i had to wear something that Buzz Aldrin would be proud of before they would let me get to the top of the stack!!

If it did come from the “live” markets in China they haven’t learnt anything, they are open again, business as usual.

5 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

If it did come from the “live” markets in China they haven’t learnt anything, they are open again, business as usual.

Apparently there is some doubt about that now. At least one very early victim has been identified who lived elsewhere. The Wunan market may just have been a place where lots of people congregated close together. Bats may be a more likely source of the virus, though not necessarily directly to humans.

Get well soon Boris

• Upvote 1

I have no time for his politics or his ambitions, but I hope he recovers from the virus soon.

Me too so he can lead this country away from the E U once & for all. 

• Like 2

Oh no, Boris is in Intensive Care now.  

Seems the 'royal variety' is a tad more serious than some thought...