#1 Film when you were born

I've seen plenty of sites to find the pop number 1 when you were born, but of course the charts started too late for many of the members here to have had a number 1 on their birthday. What was the number 1 film (in America I think) when you were born?

http://playback.fm/birthday-movie

Mine was Zarak which I had to look up

Zarak is a 1957 British Warwick Films CinemaScope in Technicolor action film based on the 1949 book The Story of Zarak Khan by A.J. Bevan. It was directed by Terence Young with assistance from John Gilling and Yakima Canutt. Set in the Northwest Frontier and Afghanistan (though filmed in Morocco), the film starred Victor Mature, Michael Wilding, Anita Ekberg, and featured Patrick McGoohan in a supporting role.

Love Letters starring Joseph Cotton.

Thanks Bubblewrap, just played the 3rd. Man theme & then Frankie Lane with"Do not forsake me" from High Noon. Real Nostalgia!

• Upvote 1

The Search

A young boy survives a nazi concentratration camp and is searching for his mother in post war Berlin, he is befriended and helped by an american soldier.

Staring...Montgomory Clift as Ralph Stevenson (The American Soldier). Ivan Jandl as Karel Malik (The Boy) and Jamila Novotna as Hannah Malik ( The Mother).

'Brief Encounter' - with Celia Johnson and Trevor Howard.......my kind of old fashioned love film, a chance meeting on a railway station between 2 respectable married people, when the man (a doctor) removes a piece of grit from the lady's eye and a brief fling developes into a short intense romance which leads to heartache as the man is destined to go to South Africa to embark on a Medical Career in the coming weeks.........A real tearjerker...........

CP WHAT!!!! never seen The Third Man. Only the best British film ever made. Saw it a few weeks ago at the Broadway in Nottingham. It is on YouTube.

What was No.1 when I was born - Gone With The Wind.

All About Eve - terrific Bette Davis picture.

Possessed with Joan Crawford and Van Heflin, but I was too young to go and see it!

If you've never seen The Third Man, make sure that you do; it's a great film and that zither is fantastic for setting the atmosphere of the film.

• Upvote 2

My film was:

The Lieutenant Wore Skirts

In this hilarious romp starring Tom Ewell, Sheree North and Rita Moreno, a middle-aged ex-serviceman who plans to re-enlist (Ewell) is shocked to learn that not only did he fail his medical exam, his wife (North) has enlisted - and is really making the grade in the Air Force. Unhappy to be a "house husband," he flies to Hawaii to be near her - and also to hatch a scheme to get her discharged.